Tuesday, July 27, 2021

PowerApps for Teams: Broken items in ComboBox

I am enjoying my journey through the half-baked world of PowerApps within Teams (which if you haven't realized yet is a completely different thing than just building a normal PowerApp and linking to it within Teams).  The bad layouts, then limited choices, the awkward redesign of the base UI.  It all makes me so very happy.  Or not.

Today Microsoft has shown me that they aren't beyond failing at simply displaying the values in ComboBox for a hard-coded Collection.

Create a PowerApp in Teams (I'll wait)...

Take a Combobox, drop it on your page.

Edit the Items value and put in the following:

["1","2"]

Preview or run your app.  What you'll see is not the expected values of 1 & 2, you'll see...well...some variation similar to:

Editing this and putting it into a Collection before, then assigning the Collection to the Items value just gives you more of a mess as the whole thing seems to iterate through a garbage pile of ever-increasing #'s 

I don't know what to say here.  Just don't make PowerApps embedded in Teams unless you're ready to suffer.

It is also broken for Radio Group controls, but not for List Box controls.  

Maybe if I change the app back to classic mode and use a good old fashioned Dropdown (that for some reason isn't included in the FlexUI components).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because some d-bag is throwing 'bot posts at my blog I've turned on full Moderation. If your comment doesn't show up immediately then that's why.